Poisoning with vitamin D


The consumption of vitamins is essential for human health, energy supply, and active life. However, you may not be aware that even these nutrients should be consumed at a specific level, because over-consumption of certain vitamins, such as vitamin D, may be harmful.

Poisoning with vitamin D

According to the Health Department of Iran, quoting "Steppenwolf", when using supplements, it is important to take into account the amount of consumption and daily use constraints. You should not go to the pharmacy without the knowledge or knowledge or without consulting your doctor, buy and take a medicine or supplement.

Keep in mind that many foods and beverages contain enough vitamins to meet your daily needs. Hence, taking a supplement is not always logical and can even harm your health.

Vitamin D is produced thanks to the sun's rays and the synthesis of cholesterol in the human body. Some people are adequately exposed to sunlight and their diet is in such a way that they get enough vitamin.

However, some others need vitamin supplements to compensate for the lack of this nutrient. But the mistake you may make is to do this without recommending and prescribing your doctor at your own dose.

At a specific level, this can lead to poisoning.

Poisoning with vitamin D

Vitamin D does not dissolve in water, so the body can not easily repel its excess. As a result, the amount of this nutrient increases in the body. Vitamin D acts as a steroid hormone and it is known to circulate within the cells.

When vitamin D is present too much in the body, the places where vitamin can be placed - such as protein receptors and carriers - are filled and can not be successfully transmitted.

From this time on, a compound is released into the body that increases calcium intake in the intestine. These conditions cause hypercalcemia or excess calcium in the body. Other affected parts include soft organs such as the lungs, kidneys and heart.

The probability of forming some minor conditions is as follows:

Nausea and vomiting

Constipation

Muscle tiredness and bone pain

Stress and depression

Confusion

 

The recommended daily intake of vitamin D should be less than 4,000 international units. This is due to the fact that the risk of vitamin D poisoning through diet or exposure to sunlight is very low.

For the occurrence of poisoning, the patient must have a vitamin D level of more than 150 ng / ml (375 nmol per liter) in his blood.

Fortunately, almost all of the toxicity is reversible. In addition, very few cases cause calcification of the arteries or renal failure.

Signs of poisoning

Sometimes, poisoning with vitamin D is not associated with any symptoms. However, in some cases, some of the following conditions appear:

Hypercalcemia

Nausea and vomiting

Constipation

Anxiety

Weakness

Change in consciousness

High blood pressure

Renal failure

Hearing loss

 

Measures to eliminate vitamin D poisoning

First, you must have medical advice. The doctor will prescribe tests to determine the levels of vitamin D in the blood. You should not go to the laboratory before your examination.

If vitamin D levels are abnormally high, stop taking vitamin D supplements. However, even when the daily intake is up to 10,000 international units, the risk of poisoning is low. However, it's best to keep consumption below 4,000 international units. For children and the elderly, the rate of consumption of 700 international units per day is sufficient.

You should be aware of your daily intake of vitamin D per day. If you are exposed to enough sunlight, you do not need to take supplements. In general, supplementation is beneficial for people living in areas where exposure to sunlight is low.

Evaluate the amount of vitamin D intake from your diet. Fish, beans, enriched milk, or orange juice at any time can provide between 600 and 1,000 units of this vitamin. In addition to exposure to sunlight, this is enough to supply the body with the necessary vitamin D.

Also, reducing calcium-supplements or foods is essential.

Meanwhile, increase the consumption of products containing sodium as well as liquids.

 

It should be noted that months or even years may take longer to show excessive amounts of vitamin D, hence the difficult conditions for diagnosis. Hence, it is important to familiarize yourself with the signs of this condition and distinguish it from other diseases.

;

Date : 10/2/2017
0 Comment


Write A Comment

Attention : HTML will not be restored!
Charco

Copyright © 2021